Programmer at Phaki Personnel Management Services
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- Our client needs a programmer to join the space weather team at Hermanus, Western Cape in the development and maintenance of algorithms that lead to the products and services offered by the Space Weather Center organization. The Space Weather Programmer will lead the transfer of research-developed models to operations, provide coding assistance for the production of customer guidance, and ensure that efficiencies are introduced into the space weather operational environment. .
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate degree in computer science/programming or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience developing full stack applications:
Back-end web API design and implementation
Frontend development using React/Angular and similar frameworks
- Excellent programming ability/experience is essential with a minimum of 3 years Python programming experience
- Good systems and process analysis skills
- Passion for coding which must be demonstrable through extramural activities
- Must be a team player committed to working in an environment of continuous improvement and quality
- Independent decision-making ability and proactive problem-solving skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Must be solution-oriented
- Design and develop innovative and practical technical solutions, applications, software or algorithms for the Space Weather Center
- Test, install, evaluate and maintain new algorithms and programs
- Provide operational programming support to the Space Weather Center
- Support application development projects by providing advice and support
Please note that this position requires the incumbent to be based in HERMANUS in the WESTERN CAPE.
Find out more/Apply to this position
Comments are closed.